Because you are putting a security appliance in your office rather than a custom built, one-off solution (as most Open Source deployments are), you get the benefit of economy of scale. You get all the parts to the security solution required for it to be effective:
- Centralized monitoring. You can’t manage what you can’t measure. There has to be a reporting system that gives real-time and historical data to IT Security experts to do their job.
- An isolated lab, where we can build, test, and hack devices just like yours so we can always stay ahead of the hackers. We build our solution in the lab and are constantly updating it to keep you safe. We then script all of the tested updates to your appliance regularly, so you get advanced layers of security without the interruption to your business, or the high cost of multiple, identical business environments.
- Rules for Security. What is normal for business, and what is not? What addresses are not safe and should be blocked before they even try to talk to your network? We create rules that apply to businesses just like yours so you can have up to date rules that meet your business needs as well as your security needs.
- Patch Management. While patching software is critical, not all patches are created equal. Sometimes a patch may fix a security vulnerability but may break something else. Proper patch management means keeping on top of patches, but also testing and correcting any issues that patches may introduce.
- Vulnerability Scanning. A dedicated team of people with specialized tools need to constantly scan all current and soon to be current versions of all security products and environments to find all vulnerabilities.
- Penetration testing. This is where our in-house and even external hackers go to work. These are real security experts and hackers working with the one goal of getting past the security solution and doing harm. They try to get access to data and systems. They try to deploy malware. They try to do anything that real-world hackers would do. They take all of that learning and all of the vulnerabilities in the system, and pass it over to the
- Remediation Team to fix.
Remediation. No security product is as secure today as it was yesterday. Through design based on changing security standards, input from vulnerability and penetration teams, and updates from the Patch Management and QA teams, our remediation team updates everything in the appliance to be as secure as possible. When they’re done, they send it for a quality control check through Patch Management and QA, Vulnerability Scanning and Penetration Testing to make sure it’s secure before it’s pushed off to the next department for deployment.
- Scripting and deployment. This is where you get more value than anywhere else in the security world today. Because you have an appliance that is just like everyone else in your vertical pool of peers, your appliance is updated for a phenomenally small overhead cost compared to a custom solution like you’d have with a typical small business security consultant. We take the hundreds or thousands of person-hours that have gone into keeping everything up to date, or invested into a new version, and split that cost across a large number of client sites. Instead of paying hundreds of thousands of dollars in highly skilled professional wages to stay current on finding, testing, fixing, and testing again for a series of new security vulnerabilities, you’re paying hundreds of dollars.
- Policies. Small companies don’t have the time or even motivation to create policies that are core to making sure your business stays secure. Let our industry-specific policies work for you. Customize as you like, all without paying to have experts in legal and compliance issues with your computer systems.
- Value Add Services. We know that while most small businesses want the most affordable solution with a “set it and forget it” approach, that isn’t true for everyone. If you want to increase the level of customization, we’re happy to help. Either through direct services or working with other professionals of your choice, we are here to make sure you have what you need to run your business the way you want.